Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thanks Giving to God

First of all, I would like to thank God for existing of www.blogger.com which had offered a place for people to share about what they want to share. For me, I ve no idea about what should I share but for equipping my writing skill in english, Im willing to pick up the challenge and spend a little of my time to stick with my laptop and write something which is meaningful to all people especially my friends who know me. So, i hope that you all can really get and learn something from my blog...Pray that God can speak to those whole view my blog and bless them abundantly. Amen!

Prov 3 : 9-10 : Honor the LORD with your wealth

Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.



Bringing our ‘Firstfruits’ here means that bringing our offering which is valuable to us and normally it is money. Offering our tithe is just a way to honor Him, who is the Creator of all creatures. When we give tithe, we are actually proclaiming that He is LORD of all it. What a coincidence that for those who honor God from their wealth are usually found not to be in lack. According to Isa 44:2, “ Im your Creator, you were in my care even before you were born.”

He wants to bless His children, but He wants them to give that blessing back to him. Each tithe is a deathblow to the idolatry of materialism.